As you know, on July 14 we had the second edition of Eastern European Computer Vision conference in Odessa, Ukraine.
Here is a wrap-up from the event we would like to share:
We had – 220 chosen participants (20% women / 80% men CV/ML engineers! Yes, CV/ML engineers ONLY!!);
– 8 speakers;
– 12 countries.
IMPORTANT: If you would like to be reminded about the conference in 2018 (the 7th of July 2018), please, fill in the form.
This year we decided to keep the size of the conference approximately the same, nevertheless, we are glad that we achieved greater diversity country and gender wise.
It means that the conference becomes more known abroad!
We should thank all the participants from the previous year who spread the information and attended again this year.
More photos from the event can be found in a Facebook album.
We tried to keep the style of the conference as informal as possible but at the same time maintain a high quality of the content.
The topics of the event were the following:
- End-to-End Training of hybrid CNN-CRF Models for Fast and Accurate Stereo
- The Future of model-based reconstruction
- Computer Vision will transform the delivery industry
- Fetching face mesh from an image: from Gaussian noise to an obstructive nose
- Computer vision for radars: modern trends and challenges
- Comparison of Bayesian strategy with commonly used Improper one for object presence recognition
- Detection, rectification, and segmentation of co-planar repeated patterns
- Then, Now, Tomorrow: Neural Networks for Computer Vision
All video presentations from the event can be found here.
As usual, after a long productive day, everyone could chill out at the afterparty in a night club by the sea.
We would be glad to hear from you in order to improve for the next year. Please, dedicate 2 minutes to fill in this feedback form.
IMPORTANT: If you would like to be reminded about the conference in 2018, please, fill in the form.
Also, you can stay connected with EECVC by liking the EECVC page on Facebook.
See you next year and thanks for coming!